Monday Inspirations: Don’t Steal Corn From a Porcupine

Today’s Monday Inspirations is more on the unrepentantly silly side. It’s my first day back to school after the holiday weekend, I’m still a little drowsy from all the tryptophan and my ridiculously long drive yesterday. I needed a little laugh out loud funny to start my morning off right, and oh boy, I found it over on Jezebel.

Folks, porcupines make ridiculously adorable Disney creature noises. And they eat corn. And woe betide the person who tries to steal their corn, because they will grab at it with their tiny little fingers, and emit high-pitched noises of fury and protest.

I am sure they will also attack with prickly quills, but I don’t care. I now need one in my life, and I will endure the threat of prickles with absolute delight.

So let the cutesy woodland creature inspire your day as you struggle through the post-turkey-and-football coma! I am, er, off to find a porcupine to steal borrow befriend.

36 comments

• Lena Corazon says:

Yes, I had a great trip home! I think I’m ready to do a final sprint towards the finish line for school.

I would be so tempted to hug that porcupine… but those quills. They hold me back every time. ;)

1. Tameri Etherton says:

SO cute! I want one. They do make ridiculously cute Disney noises, who knew!?!

My husband’s aunt works with a few rescue organizations and often has critters around her house ~ at Thanksgiving she brought out an opossum and dang if those things aren’t the cutest little buggers. She let the little kids feed him some grapes and it was hilarious. Not as cute as your porcupine, but almost. I want an opossum now, too.

Happy Monday, Lena!
    Tameri Etherton recently posted..A Lesson LearnedMy Profile

• Lena Corazon says:

Oh gosh, I saw an opposum when I was driving home one night — it was frolicking in the street, and its eyes glowed all red and scary in my headlights. I bet they really are adorable creatures otherwise, but this one scared the heck out of me. :)

2. Sheila Seabrook says:

OMG, I can’t believe that person was brave enough to get so close to a porcupine. I’d be afraid of being sprayed with quills. Yikes! What a great Monday afternoon treat, Lena!

• Lena Corazon says:

Yiiiikes, they’re barbed? I will definitely keep that in mind, Prudence, in case I ever run across an angry porcupine. And now I really want to know the story behind all this!

• Lena Corazon says:

I swear, I spend way too much time online looking at cute animal videos. There’s nothing better for brightening up the day.

Thanks for stopping by, Lynette!

3. Rachel says:

Lena,
    too much fun, I translate for you “keep you hands off my damn corn, bitch!” This critter reminds me of my dog when you try to take her favorite toy away. Nice post. Now get back to work! ;-)

• Lena Corazon says:

I’m totally having Snow White-esque fantasies that involve me becoming best friends with an adorable porcupine that magically doesn’t stab me with its quills. ;)

Comments are closed.